And we tasted a lot of them. So many in fact, I ended up wearing my face mask in the kitchen so I would refrain from eating too much of the dough.
Makes about three dozen cookies
- 1 cup of butter, soften to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 ½ cups dry oatmeal (I use Bob’s Red Mill fine oatmeal)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips (I use the Ghirardelli)
- 1-11/2 cups finely chopped pecans.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugars until well blended.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, baking powder and baking soda and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until well blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Place about two inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.